Monday, April 13, 2015

It's All Greek To Me-Alex

Just so you're aware, you've been receiving a very(!) condensed version of things. Here's mine:

After a week of relaxing together and putting off all training, my sisters, our parents, our team, and I began prepping for our missions, which meant the start of the POVABAC program for me and my sisters. The idea was that we would take on different identities for each mission. Each mission would take a while. Well, besides Rikki and Kailey's. That was like a starter mission. These missions will eventually take months-or even a year. So to be able to play it all off as a different person was vital

Bailey and I had a month to study our characters before learning about our mission. Our team, who was under the command of our uncle Callan, would be researching and planning, and then teach us the material when the time came. The only thing we knew about our mission was what Uncle Callan hinted at as we entered the POVABAC quarters on day one: "There's a reason we chose the family's two actors for the mission," he said. "With the proper training, we felt that you two would be the best for the job." This definitely got the two of us excited. And on that note, we began our training.

Weapons classes, language classes, character study lessons-all these and more made us two very busy girls as we prepared to enter into the real world with fake identities. It was incredibly exhilarating. We were officially spies in training.

A week into our training, our uncle Callan interrupted our training with news that made our stomachs drop out of both fear and excitement.

"There's a reason we need experienced actors for this mission" he said to us. "You two will be meeting the Winthrops face-to-face in order to get on the inside. This will be no easy task. But we know it's nothing you can't do."

My face turned pale. Those were the people that tore me and my family apart, and now I had to look them in the eyes and pretend to be their friend? No easy task indeed! I could name millions of things I'd rather do! But Uncle Callan's eyes were calm and set. This really was going to happen. I couldn't think of a reason why this was the best option, but I trusted my experienced elder.

"Alright," I finally said after a few moments of though. Bailey agreed to the plan as well. She had always been more confident in her ability to act than I had ever been in mine. But there was no backing out now.

"Fantastic!" exclaimed Callan. "In that case, ladies, I would like to introduce you to your future selves." He waved photographs of two very pretty, very...Greek-looking? 20-something-year-old spies in front of our faces. "Alex, meet Charessa. Bailey, this is Cassondria. You will be getting to know this pair very well in the weeks to follow."

And so it began.

xoxo, Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment