Sunday, August 9, 2015

38 Island -Rikki

            Kailey and I finally finished putting together a few bugs when Jamal walks in.
"Are you done with all 674 bugs? Please tell me yes."

I scrunched my face in frustration. "Two untrained girls canNOT make a million bugs!"

Jamal laughed. "It's not a million, it's 674. A million is unreasonable."

Kailey laid her head on the desk and mumbled, "I don't want to do this anymore. I want to spend time with my sisters and parents. We are finally together and I am stuck her making bugs."
Jamal glared at her. His mouth moved as if he was about to speak, but I threw my box of wires on the ground to cut him off.

"Rikki, I know that this is not what you-" Jamal tried to say, but Kailey threw her box down too.

"Girls! Just make the bugs and you can leave! Is it really that hard? You girls went through worse"

"Jamal, I know we went through worse, but I'm done. We've been through enough already. Please- please just stop." Kailey whispered in a tired voice.
 Jamal turned around and ran his fingers through his hair.  "Fine. Follow me. If you guys don't want this, then I'll give you girls something else." He walked away quickly, and we followed him.

We followed him down a long hallway, passing Bailey and Alex along the way. Then we arrived at uncle Callan's office. Jamal opened the door, and Kailey and I found two seats to sit in.

Uncle Callan smiled at us and asked "What took you so long? I guess you both have your mother's persistence."

Kailey quickly replied saying "What- what do you mean?"

"Oh, that whole bug thing was a test. There is NO way you guys can make bugs without having any tech training. I thought you guys would stand up to Jamal a lot sooner. Your mother would do the same thing. Try and try again till you get it right."

I was somehow angry. We spent multiple days sitting at a desk trying to make impossible bugs. My head nearly exploded during that time.
"Okay, well now that I know that all that time was wasted, what do we do know?" I questioned with an irritated attitude.
"The mission we are giving you requires quit a bit of training. For this mission, you will be trained a lot in martial arts, simple computer hacking skills, agility, mountain climbing, basics in the language of 'Norn', swimming, and fishing. This will all take months and months."
Kailey and I both sat in silence. Where could this be? What are we even doing?

Kailey finally spoke, "What is the mission?"

"MON has a big workshop where he keeps a lot of important weaponry and projects being constructed. This place is a jewel on MON's crown. We need to be able to take it down. And he knows that. He has this place highly guarded. It's gonna take a lot of work to even get close to it. And it won't just be you two going in. We are sending in a few people later on to help you, but you won't meet them yet."

"So where are we going? Where is this "jewel"?" I asked.

"It's an island called Foula. I think that you've been there before. Remember the island that you an your sisters crashed on, the one where you found your parents? That's the one."

"Foula? Never heard of it. Is it a real island?" Asked Kailey.

"Yes it's a real island. It's in the Atlantic ocean, 20 miles west of Walls in Shetland. The island is about 2.5 miles by 3.5 miles, with a low-lying coastal strip along the east side. It rises from low broken cliffs to high peaks rising to 1371 feet."

"That's a really small island. How does MON fit all these plans there? And are there people?" I asked.

"Yes, it's very small. But MON fits it all. We are pretty sure he even goes underneath the water, and one of your jobs is to find out if he does. With a disguise of course. And yes, there are people. 38 local inhabitants."
38 people? What the heck?
"This'll be fun." Kailey mumbled under her breath.

"We start training first thing in the morning. It will take approximately 6 months. So take the rest of the afternoon off." Uncle Callan said while walking out of the room. He walked quickly down the hall, and disappeared around the corner.

"Finally something fun." I whispered to Kailey.
"Tell me about it," she said, smiling. "But I'm kinda scared at the same time."
"Don't worry about it. I'm sure we will be fine. We always are."


                                                      Rikki

No comments:

Post a Comment