Saturday, October 6, 2012

We can only hope- Hailee

   Keeli, to me, looked nothing like Bailee. Instead of hair that looks like a ribbon of milky chocolate, it looked more like a stiff clump of dirt. Instead of eyes like a sea after a storm, they were more of like a lifeless gray. Instead of a heart of a wild horse and a mind of a designer, she had a heart full of lip gloss and a mind full of more lip gloss.
   "Mmmmmm...." I mumbled, "I dont think we can trust you."
   Keeli shoots me the dirtiest look I have ever seen. "If you think you can't trust me, then why do you even think I said I would help you?"
   "You could be lying. Your dirty look that you just pulled says so."
   "Listen, smart one. I'm actually trying to help. So if you think i'm not, I suggest you think again." She squints at me with her little lifeless eyes.
   Ya right. if she thinks she's going to persuade me with that, she's not getting a chance. I promised myself  I would not make a friend outta her.
   For a moment, I almost forgot some of my sisters were there. It seemed like me and Keeli were the only ones on the earth when we had that little battle.
   "Um... can we just keep moving?" said Kailee. I almost didn't recognize her little voice since I was already use to Keeli's demanding voice. "I'm sick of you two arguing."
   "Right. Sorry." I said as I tried to hide the sheepish look on my face.
    We all pushed along, trying to ignore the tiredness and the aching pain we all felt, when Carter walked up to me.
    "'Your dirty look just said so?' Really Hailee? really?" Carter seemed upset. I knew she was.
    " I was improvising." I explained.
    "Hailee, I know you don't think we can trust her, but I think we can. Lets at least try"
     We can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment